Answer the following:
1. What are the most desirous standing committee assignments in the (a) house and (b) senate? (p. 329)
2. How are the chairpersons selected for each of the committees in congress? (330)
3. What is the purpose of the Rules Committee, what does it do? (331)
4. What are select committees and what is their purpose? (331-2)
5. What is a joint or conference committee and what is their purpose? (333)
6. Where in the Const. does it state that all appropriation bills must start in the house? (334)
7. What is the difference between a bill and a resolution?
8. What is a joint resolution?(335)
9. What is a concurrent resolution?
10. What is a rider?
11. In class project! Fully explain how a bill becomes a law. That means every step a bill must pass in both houses to become law by the President's signature. READ carefully pages 335-346.